for our own futures, but for the health of our families, our customers, and our communities.
Internally, by reducing waste and maximizing energy efficiency throughout our company, we are
working toward a greener world every day.
Our sustainable and green business practices include:
• Using environmentally-friendly cleaning products in all of our offices, retail spaces, & warehouses.
• Using highly efficient biodiesel-fueled delivery vans.
• Insisting on top condition maintenance & proper tire pressure in our vans to help reduce emissions.
• Planning with our customers, and providing incentives, to reduce the number of deliveries.
• Carefully planning our regional driver routes to reduce the number of miles driven.
• Keeping thermostats in all of our facilities at the minimum possible practical level.
• Drawing almost exclusively from local warehouses.
• Making bulk purchases from our vendors to reduce the frequency of deliveries.
• Teleconferencing and telecommuting when possible to reduce internal travel.
• Buying from local companies whenever possible.
We're always working to improve our offering of recycled and other sustainable products, and
encourage our customers to review our online "green catalog" for which we stock locally more green
products than any other office supply company in the area.
In addition we:
• Engage in Best Practices Green Strategy reviews with our customers.
• Provide free toner cartridge recycling pick up and disposal.
• Support and supply to green advocacy organizations.
• Use and sell environmentally-friendly printing materials.
• Sell in bulk to our customers, when possible, to reduce small frequent deliveries.
• Encourage the use of paperless offices by offering state-of-the-art scanning equipment.
• Encourage extended product responsibility for reducing the environmental impact by offering a
diverse array of green and sustainable products well beyond janitorial and paper, from pens made of
corn to refillable correction tape.
We understand that every decision, large or small, has an impact. And we are continually working to
reduce our carbon footprint with each one.